The dare-based Blue Whale Challenge game is making headlines all over the world from last few weeks. Reportedly, there’s several death recorded because of this game in countries like US, Argentina, China, Brazil, Italy Russia and many other countries including India. Reportedly, a 14-year-old boy committed suicide by jumping off the 7th floor, was also because of this Blue Whale Challenge Game.
What is Blue Whale Challenge Game?
The game reportedly started in Russia in 2013 with F57, one of the names of the so-called “death group” of VKontakte, Russia’s largest social network, and allegedly caused its first suicide in 2015. Philipp Budeikin, a former psychology student who was expelled from the university, claimed that he invented the game. According to Budeikin, his purpose was to “clean” the society by pushing to suicide those he deemed as having no value. He was arrested on charges of inciting at least 16 teenagers to kill themselves. On May 11, Budeikin pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three years in prison.
The Blue Whale Challenge game is just like other games with different levels. But in truth its far from a game. Especially young teens are being targeted who can easily accept the challenges are encouraged to complete a series of tasks.
The game is based on the relationship between the challengers and the administrators. It involves a series of tasks given by the administrators that players must complete, usually one per day, some of which involve self-mutilation. Some tasks can be given in advance, while others can be passed on by the administrators on that day, with the last task being suicide.
What are those tasks(levels)?
There is total of 50 tasks that need to be completed one by one in the Blue Whale Challenge Game. If you complete one task, you will be given next task. Once you’ve been accepted by an administrator, you are given your first of 50 daily challenges, these can be anything from simple tasks. The first task is to draw words or whale symbols by cutting into your skin. This is the level 1 which is already an extreme task to do.
The first challenge usually comes at 4:20 am. Every time you accomplish a task, you must provide photographic or video proof of completion to the admin. The tasks get tougher and tougher at every level with the last task being suicide. The challenge has allegedly claimed over 130 deaths so far and multiple teen suicides in India.
Complete List Of Blue Whale Challenge Game Tasks:
2. Wake up at 4.20 a.m. and watch psychedelic and scary videos that curator sends you.
3. Cut your arm with a razor along your veins, but not too deep, only 3 cuts, send a photo to the curator.
4. Draw a whale on a sheet of paper, send a photo to a curator.
5. If you are ready to “become a whale”, carve “YES” on your leg. If not, cut yourself many times (punish yourself).
6. Task with a cipher.
7. Carve “f40” on your hand, send a photo to curator.
8. Type “#i_am_whale” in your VKontakte status.
9. You have to overcome your fear.
10. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to a roof (the higher the better)
11. Carve a whale on your hand with a razor, send a photo to curator.
12. Watch psychedelic and horror videos all day.
13. Listen to music that “they” (curators) send you.
14. Cut your lip.
15. Poke your hand with a needle many times
16. Do something painful to yourself, make yourself sick.
17. Go to the highest roof you can find, stand on the edge for some time.
18. Go to a bridge, stand on the edge.
19. Climb up a crane or at least try to do it
20. The curator checks if you are trustworthy.
21. Have a talk “with a whale” (with another player like you or with a curator) in Skype.
22. Go to a roof and sit on the edge with your legs dangling.
23. Another task with a cipher.
24. Secret task.
25. Have a meeting with a “whale.”
26. The curator tells you the date of your death and you have to accept it.
27. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to rails (visit any railroad that you can find).
28. Don’t talk to anyone all day.
29. Make a vow that “you’re a whale.”
Cases in India
The first case of alleged Blue Whale Challange Game suicide in India was reported on July 30, when a 14-year-old boy jumped to death from the seventh floor of a building in Mumbai. On August 10, a Class VII student in Indore was pulled away before he could take the final leap. He apparently recorded all 50 stages in his school diary. A Class X student in West Bengal, allegedly playing the game, committed suicide on August 12. His body was found in the bathroom, his face covered in a plastic bag and with a cord around his neck. @indiatimes
Do you want to play this game?
You can’t find the Blue Whale Challenge on Google or even on a Facebook group. According to news reports, it exists in closed groups and in private message conversations. It’s said that the game administrators often choose their victims rather than the players themselves seeking out the game. I hope you are not stupid enough to look for those Facebook groups or try to contact administrators to play this game. Don’t even think about it, there is no coming back.
If you like this post, be sure to share it and tell us your thoughts in the comment section below.